Planned giving is an important form of philanthropy at Blue Ridge HealthCare Foundation. Many donors leave lasting gifts that benefit the foundation as part of their estate plan. Such planned gifts or charitable bequests support the foundation while providing a lasting legacy for the donor.
We offer a wide range of charitable giving options to benefit Carolinas HealthCare System Blue Ridge. You may receive potential tax savings or even lifetime income while helping support local community healthcare programs.
To discuss individual giving options, contact us at 828-580-5358.
The following are several planned gift options that donors may choose from to support the foundation:
- Cash - Cash gifts are the easiest way to donate.
- Appreciated Securities - Appreciated securities, bonds or mutual fund shares are an excellent way to provide a gift and maximize your tax savings.
- Tangible Personal Property - Gifts, such as antiques, art and collectables, may be donated.
- Bequests - Donors may designate a gift in their wills which will be distributed after the individual’s death.
- Retirement Plan Assets - 401(k) plans, 403(b) plans, qualified pension or profit-sharing plans, or other retirement savings accounts.
- Unitrust - The unitrust pays the donor a predetermined percentage of the fair market value of the trust’s assets, which are revalued annually.
- Charitable Lead Trust - Allows a donor to make a gift while passing a larger inheritance to his or her heirs.
- Real Estate - Personal residence, vacation homes, land or commercial property may be given in whole or in part using various tax-advantaged methods.
- Life Insurance Policies - Policies are great gifts when the policy is no longer needed, the financial significance of the policy has changed, or you do not wish to continue premium payments.
- Annuity Trusts - The annuity trust pays a guaranteed dollar amount regardless of the trust’s investment performance.