Last year more than 120 patients received mammography assistance with funds raised by the Blue Ridge HealthCare Foundation. Fundraisers like Putting for the Pink, Lake James Dragon Boat Festival, Pink Out T-shirt sales and private donations made that possible. We are honored to assist in funding these services.
Facts About Breast Cancer In The United States
- One in eight women in the United States will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime.
- Breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in women.
- Breast cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death among women.
- Each year it is estimated that over 252,710 women in the United States will be diagnosed with breast cancer and more than 40,500 will die.
- Although breast cancer in men is rare, an estimated 2,470 men will be diagnosed with breast cancer and approximately 460 will die each year.